Type 2 diabetes did not stop Jill from losing 100 pounds.
237 to 137
Jill Knapp- Idaho
Wife and Mom of 3
Before weight: 237
What motivated me to lose weight?
Unfortunately hearing you have type 2 diabetes! It was very depressing to hear but I want to be around for my husband and 3 sweet children.
How I lost weight!
I logged my food, ate six small meals a day and had no refined sugar. I promote lifestyle change versus diet. Diet has finality to it - If you have a diet with an ending, what do you naturally do when it's over? Go out and splurge.
But, if your brain does what I call a paradigm shift, you actually change the way you think about food and your relationship to it. You will change your habits for the rest of your life. I worked out five days a week, cardio mixed with weight training was my exercise routine.
I competed in the Mrs. Idaho Pageant at age 43 after losing a total of 100 pounds, and I won 2nd runner up and won the best interview award. I am now a motivational speaker to help motivate others to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle. I am also a diabetes advocate and educate others on type 2 diabetes in hopes that they will never have to go through what I went through.
I run a web site to continue to help others by giving tips and inspiring them to make and keep goals and give in-sight on ways that can help them. I love my life! I feel I was born to help others in their own journey to better health and weight loss.
Tips and Tricks
- Eat six small meals a day vs 3 big one.
- Be consistent.
- Never starve yourself.You won't lose eight that way.
- If you can, get a personal trainer, even if you can afford only once a week. The knowledge you will gain is priceless.
- Gather support as you are losing the weight from friends and family to help be there for you through your journey.
- Journal your food intake! Be patient with yourself. It did not take you a few weeks to put on the weight and it's going to take much longer than a few weeks to take off the weight.
Keep in mind how happy you will be at the end of your journey
After Weight: 137
To learn more about Jill visit her at her blog: http://getupandgetmoving.net
Click here to read or post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Articles on type 2 diabetes.